Sunday, May 26, 2013

052613 Design Team Counterfeit Kit Entry "Dreams Really Can Come True"

What a FAB opportunity!
My favorite place, Counterfeit Kit Challenge, has put out a Design Team call!
Here is my inspiration kit:
Loved the colors of this kit and all of the gold accents.

I always start with the papers, usually taking my cue as much from pattern type as color...
(theirs)
 
I had intended to counterfeit the bold b/w dot paper using punched circles but when I started to troll my stash I stumbled upon the gorgeous Basic Gray Curio Ophelia paper (bottom row #2 below) and those dots just flew out of my head. I feel like mine reads as bold as the other but is much more interesting! I subbed in a b/w for the chevron pattern top row #2.

(mine)
Top r-l: Bella! Wedding - Beloved,  Echo Park For The Record 2 - Handwritten, 
MME The Sweetest Thing - Bluebell Smile, Crate Paper Restoration - Heirloom
Bottom r-l: MME Lost & Found Two-  Blush Princess, Basic Gray Curio - Ophelia, (from pad), Glitz Scarlett - Floral

The kit also showed the "B" sides of the papers, 

so I added four more.

clockwise fm top left: Basic Gray Sweet Threads - Edgy Stripe, Paper Studio - Wood Fence Turquoise, 
BoBunny Back to Backs - Passion Fruit Journal, Heidi Swapp Memory File

Instead of the four black & white papers I added some b/w washi tapes.

Now for some goodies!

Jillibean Soup White Lattice overlay, gold music printed vellum, American Crafts Amy Tangerine stamp set, assorted sequins, trims & resin pieces (Webster's Pages, Maya Road & Recollections brands). The little "25 cent" card is a true vintage piece from Jenni Bowlin & replaces the ticket. The 8x8 page of vintage circle elements will be used for flair by covering the chosen pieces with Ranger's Glossy Accents. 


I didn't have a good color of alphas so I decided to include two stamp sets,  Autumn Leaves Cutesy & Jenni Bowlin Outline, along with American Crafts Amy Tangerine yellow Amy alpha stickers. Assorted Wise Words from Jillibean Soup & K&Company Life's Journey embossed sayings stickers will fill in for the Simple Stories cardstock stickers in the original kit.


Gold counterfeit rub-ons, glitter tape & doilies! 
Easy peasy with metallic gold paper & punches, Scor tape & Martha Stewart glitter, and doilies to be dressed up.

So let's put it all together in the Magic Blue Box!

 "Dreams Really Can Come True"


Next we have to use up all that goodness!
My challenge to you is to do a self-portrait page. Here is mine:


I can think of a number of ways to approach this - straightforward with a selfie, a list of all your faves at this moment in time, 
your vital statistics, your degree or job title ... self-proclaimed queen of the crop, perhaps? Best (fill in the blank) 
vacation, memory, accomplishment? Or choose your favorite color/product line/style/sketch!

Can't wait to see what you've created! Be sure to link it up in the comments section. 
And remember to join us at Counterfeit Kit Challenge each month for a great stash-busting experience 
with fun challenges, tutorials, blog hops & a great gallery of kits & layouts to inspire you!


2 comments:

  1. Your kit is gorgeous and even more to my liking than the inspiration kit. And your page is very eye-catching - great job pulling it together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leslie...you are a delight! This is wonderful. Love what you did!

    ReplyDelete

Would love to know you've been here! Feedback most welcome